Certified Nurse Midwives
The Certified Nurse Midwives at Waco Family Medicine – Midwifery clinic supports patients who choose the freedom and flexibility that is offered by midwifery care with the safety and security of a hospital birth. Our midwives deliver at Ascension Providence hospital. Patients can experience safe, personal, individualized care with the safety net of equipment and physicians readily available when high-risk situations develop.
At any given time, one of our midwives will be on call to answer your questions, assess your labor and attend your birth.
- Health focus is on emotional, mental and physical well-being
- Labor and birth are supported as normal life events
- Interventions are used only when necessary
- Lower rates of Caesarean birth
- Lower rates of labor induction and augmentation
- Lower use of epidural anesthesia
- Medicine to cope with pain during labor if needed
- An increased sense of control by patients
- Higher rates of breast-feeding
Two beautiful rooms with all the amenities are available to welcome patients and their Certified Nurse Midwife in attendance: a labor tub, labor ball, squat bars, warm compresses, cool cloths, showers, and much, much more.
If you are healthy and have no risk factors, midwives often utilize and encourage:
- Upright positions
- Birthing ball
- Frequent position changes
- Squat bar
- Partner and/or doula support
Waco Family Medicine – Midwifery provides midwifery services to women in the Heart of Texas.
We believe every birth is special, and we value the opportunity to care for you during this exciting time. Our goal is to provide high quality and personalized care for you and your baby. As a part of Waco Family Medicine we are able to provide care for you, your baby, and your family all within one clinic system.